Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

More of the Same

Another shootout, another UC loss. It shouldn't bum me out this much. This isn't 1996 or 1999 when Xavier knocked off the #1 team in the nation. I mean, the Bearcats were the underdogs in this game. Maybe if they got blown out right off the bat, my expecations would have gone away. Maybe if those clutch three pointers in the last minute of regulation had bounced off the rim, I'd be over it by now. But the fact that this team stayed in the game, showed the ability to get up on XU at times... that probably made it hurt a little more when my hopes were brought crashing to the ground. Again.

I should be thankful that the team fought back to force overtime. I should be thankful that some Bearcats stepped up to have big-time games. I should be thankful that Bob Huggins did not have a "Joe Namath moment" while being interviewed by the sideline reporter. (I got a little worried there for a moment, but Coach pulled it together.) But, right now, I'm not. I'm a little bitter. I'm a little more concerned about whether this team can muster enough wins to get into the Big Dance for a 15th straight year. If they can, maybe that will sooth some of the stinging. Until next year's Crosstown Shootout, of course.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Cincinnati Sports
SportsRant

Recent Radio Interviews
Blogger

Ping

The Rest of the Radio Interviews