Sunday, July 23, 2006

 

Reading Too Much Into Between-Inning Entertainment


Disturbing Scoreboard Graphic, originally uploaded by Woodmania.

Ever since I was a kid, there's this thing the Reds do on their scoreboard that just bugs the crap out of me. Maybe I'm looking more into this than I should but it just wigs me out to no end. And believe it or not, it's not even the image you see above that creeps me out. Although, that does, too.

The scenario begins with a human-sized hot dog-thing, in a bun and wearing a cap, sliding into a base under the tag of a baseball player. And the following conversation ensues between the umpire and the baseball player:

Ump: Yer... a hot dog?
Player: Your blind! That's a smoked sausage!
Ump: I call 'em like I see 'em and that's a hot dog!
Player: Smoked Sausage!
Ump: Hot Dog!
Player: Smoked Sausage!
Ump: Hot Do... GULP!
At this point, the player takes the smoked sausage and stuffs it into the umpire's mouth. Then he sees the light and realizes, yes, it was a smoked sausage.

Am I the only one bothered that the umpire just ate the baserunner!?!? One minute, he's sliding into second base. The next: he's being digested by the man who was supposed to call him safe. I mean, isn't that some violation of ethics if umpires can begin devouring ball players?

And how the hell did the smoked sausage get to be so big and learn the intricacies of a complicated game like baseball? Might this be the start of a terrifying planet of the smoked sausages?


Comments:
not funny
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Cincinnati Sports
SportsRant

Recent Radio Interviews
Blogger

Ping

The Rest of the Radio Interviews