Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

Post Game Post Mortem

I don't know what was more painful: Watching Carson Palmer's knee buckle or the Cincinnati defense continually collapse when it was needed most. Even without the franchise quarterback, the offense was able to build a ten point lead on two different occasions. The defense could not give up those advantages soon enough. It's been the same story all season long. If they weren't creating turnovers, they would hemorrhage yards. It was all or nothing. Either they'd end the drive or roll over and play dead. This unit needs a killer instinct. It needs to step down on an opponent and squash them like Marcus Vick would. They needed to step up and get the game under control early. Instead, they step aside and give up touchdowns.

In a few days, I'll calm down and look back at this season as a special time. But I'm too dissapointed right now. I'm really hoping that when the Men in Stripes take the field again in a few months we'll see a defense that can actually compliment this high-powered offense and not force them to come out with their best performance week in and week out.

Comments:
I don't want to nag on this, which those who know me would say I am, but of all the people I know, I'm the only person that really thinks the hit on Palmer was legit and not an accident.

Watching the clip (no pun intended), I wanted to believe the man that hit Palmer didn't mean to do it, but I watched the hit closely, and to see the man's arm go around Palmer's leg... it looked a little too "set up". Bill Coward is a crooked coach, and he'll do anything to win. At one time I could respect him for that, but this is the lowest move I think I've ever seen him make. I've lost all respect for Pittsburgh, and I know they'll all burn in hell one day.

Bill Coward, my avatar's for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Cincinnati Sports
SportsRant

Recent Radio Interviews
Blogger

Ping

The Rest of the Radio Interviews